Exploring Hamilton Bermuda on Your Honeymoon Cruise
A Hamilton Bermuda cruise provides a scenic and historic look at the Island through the eyes of Hamilton, the political and economic capital of Bermuda. This increasingly popular port of call is appreciated by travelers because of its laid-back and sophisticated atmosphere.
Activities on a Hamilton Bermuda Cruise
Hamilton is located on Bermuda’s northeastern shore. Therefore, visitors arrive right in the midst of the town and its shopping district. As a British colony, English is the official language and the Bermuda dollar is equal to the U.S. dollar, making it unnecessary to exchange.
In addition to sunbathing, snorkeling, and water sports, Hamilton Bermuda cruise shore excursions include biking, walking, and guided bus tours of the area. For more adventure, passengers can enjoy helmet dives, kayaking eco-tours, and deep sea fishing. Round of golf and carriage rides are also available.
What to See on a Hamilton Bermuda Cruise
Some of Hamilton Bermuda’s must-see attractions include:
• Bermuda Railway Trail – This trail was once the site of the Bermuda Railway, though the tracks have since been replaced with eighteen miles of biking trails. The area is mostly flat and well suited to walking, as well, and provides great island and ocean vies.
• Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute – this interactive museum is adjacent to the dock and offers dozens of exhibits, including a simulated capsule dive.
• Bermuda Aquarium, Museum, and Zoo – Located halfway between St. George and Hamilton, the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum, and Zoo is home to interactive displays and amazing aquariums.
• Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity – This architectural marvel is contains stained glass windows that are simply spectacular.
• Beaches – Of course, Bermuda has amazing beaches, many with pink sand from the crushed corals and shells. Most are free to the public and offer equipment rentals and snack bars.
If Hamilton itself is not enough for you, the small island has plenty more to offer and it is perfectly acceptable for you to explore the remainder of the island. Just be cautions not to get caught up in such a way that you are late returning to the ship. Make a note of your departure time and be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to return if you plan on wandering off.
Hamilton Bermuda’s year-round temperate climate combined with its beautiful beaches, historical attractions, and laid-back charm makes it the perfect weekend honeymoon cruise if you and your honey need to make the honeymoon quick yet memorable.
Wedding Planning Tips and Ideas
Honeymoon Cruise TipsYou need to decide on the best time to take your honeymoon cruise (if possible). The best times are when there will be fewer families traveling, such as traveling during non-vacation times during the school year.