Getting Married In Las Vegas? Here Is What You Need To Know
by Kenneth Koch of Your Wedding Place.com
Las Vegas has always been a favorite place for people from all over the world to get married. Elvis and Pricilla Presley are perhaps the most famous wedding chapel celebrities. Britney Spears' short lived first marriage was also held in a Las Vegas wedding chapel.
Tips for Getting a Wedding License in Las Vegas
- You must obtain a marriage license from the Clark County Las Vegas Courthouse at a cost of $55.
- The fee for the marriage license must be paid in cash.
- To apply, the couple must appear at the Marriage License Bureau at 200 South Third Street - First Floor. The Las Vegas Marriage Bureau is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 midnight, and 24 hours a day on Saturday, Sunday and Nevada legal holidays.
- You do not need to be a resident of Las Vegas or Nevada to obtain a marriage license.
- There is no waiting period required for obtaining a license.
- No blood test is required to get the license in Las Vegas.
- Proof of age is required (a valid picture ID or birth certificate will suffice.)
- Applicants 16 or 17 years of age must have parental consent.
- At least one other witness is required.
- If either party is divorced you will need to know the date, city and state or country where the divorce was granted. You do not need to bring the final decree.
- Know your Social Security Number, it will be required to obtain a marriage license.
For More Information Call: (702) 455-3156
Tips for Booking a Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
- Most Las Vegas hotels will help you organize a wedding ceremony in their chapel or on the grounds of the hotel.
- The minister fee will cost approximately $50 in addition to the wedding chapel rental.
- Book your Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony chapel at least 30 days in advance.
- Arrive early at the chapel for your wedding ceremony. Some Las Vegas Wedding Chapels charge a ceremony rescheduling fee of up to $150.
Read these Las Vegas Wedding Chapel Articles and Reviews:
Aladdin Hotel Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
Excalibur Hotel Casino Wedding Chapel
Las Vegas Weddings Mandalay Bay Resort
Getting married in a Las Vegas wedding ceremony. Tips on getting a marriage license and finding a wedding chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Las Vegas Marriage License Tips
Be sure to check the requirements for getting married in Las Vegas in advance of travelling there. Contact the Clark County Nevada Courthouse for more information at (702) 455-3156.
More Suggested Wedding Planning Articles
Wedding Planning Web Site |
Wedding Planning Ideas |
Wedding Song List